Monday, April 6, 2009

Visitation ---2

Well, I'm sorry for not blogging sooner but I have had quiet and crying moments. The visitation was so nice. People showed up from back home that we didn't know were coming. I cried when every one of them stepped through the door to think that they would drive 2 1/2 hours for just minutes of being there is amazing to me. I knew we had great friends and times like this just proves that.
I had 1 of Holly's co-workers come up to me and ask me if I was her mother and I said "yes" and I saw them all standing in a line. I tell you something about my heart at that moment. I went over to each and every one of them and hugged them and thanked them for being there and being such a great friend to my daughter. They responded to me that they love her and love working with her. I thanked them for coming and then cried and told them to take care of my little girl for me since I can't be here all the time, and they said they would. What amazing women!!!!!!! I am so glad she works in a place where she loves it and she is loved by so many. Her father and I could see that from the minute we walked in the hospital. It's a family in itself.
Holly held little Carleigh during the visitation. Doesn't matter what people think we all carry grief differently. She received a bracelet from someone (she wrote about it on her blog) and it had Carleigh's footprints on it. They also sent lapel pins for the family to wear and I tell you that will be worn alot from me. It makes her feel close to me, if that makes any sense.
The flowers were beautiful, pink, white, purple,yellow,and all kinds smelling ever so sweet especially the lilies. One way for me to have Carleigh with us is to have a white rose at every family gathering to know she is ever remembered and part of us even in death.
The hardest part was leaving. It was awhile before we left and I could tell Holly didnt want to put her back in the casket, and watching her was so hard for me to see my daughter in pain like that. But, she handled it with such grace. And then we left to go back to the hotel to eat and try and get some rest.

No comments: