Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Church II

What is it that draws us in? What is it that keeps us hungering for more? We are looking forward to church on Sunday as we are transferring our membership to our new church and honestly I can't wait!!!! This church is so much more than what we had. Don't get me wrong, I liked our old church, we had been going there since Katrina and Holly were in the 3 rd and 4th grade. And the girls even got married there. One would think being there that long we would still be there. But, after a whole year of thinking I just wasted a whole year, I knew it was time to do something. I personally wasn't growing spiritually anymore and was finding myself making excuses NOT to go. I wasn't getting ANYTHING out of the sermons and felt like I (we) were going through the motions. What is the point or purpose of going if you just go through the motions? I feel alot of people are doing just that. We felt also that if we didn't do something we were going to lose our kids also and we came to far to let that happen. Alot of families pray for their grown children to go to church and we were lucky enough that our girls were going. Didn't want to lose something that precious.
Having conversations with some friends, I made the comment that if John had decided to stay I was leaving anyway, I couldn't bring myself to stay where I wasn't getting spiritually fed and growing as a Christian. I (we) had come to far to raise our daughters in the church to just leave it and stay home and go about our daily living. There was more to it and to life. Don't people realize that you alone are responsible for your entering Heaven? No one else can get you there but you, you are accountable for you. Our daughters truly love the Lord, and now I see it in the son-in-laws too. Now handing down the same love for Jesus in our grandchildren. The thing I regret the most is not doing it earlier for my daughters, but know there is a purpose for everything. I am confident the Lord is proud of where we are today. I am also a believer that John and I wouldn't have what we do today if it weren't for giving to the Lord. He knows what we can give and what we can't. But, when he gives us the opportunity to be able to give more then we should. How easily it can all be taken away. Why do we always try to have more? When we leave this earth we can't take it anyway, so, why???
I know that if we never have anything else than what we have now and we only take care of the basics of living I can truly say I am satisfied. The love of my Savior, husband, and family are more important to me.
My little sweet Carleigh, has taught me what is important. I only want to live for Jesus and see him someday. Nothing on this earth is more important. Does any of this make sense?
I have always told the girls that I want to know where they stand and how they believe and know they are ok before anything would happen to me. I told them I want them to live for Jesus and what he tells us to do and LIVE it. I want us ALL in Heaven someday as a family and not half of us there. That would be the only thing I would ever worry about. Carleigh is already there enjoying the rewards and I want it too. Maybe that is what keeps me hungering for more.
Our new church is so very loving,we feel it every Sunday and the people are so warm and friendly all the time, we can see the difference. I think God put us there for a reason. He knows our family has so much to offer to Him and the church. I am so grateful for the silent whisper that he gave me adn for listening to him. Thank you Jesus, for leading us to a new church home!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

linda---I am glad you found a chruch that makes you grow stronger in our lord I wish you all the best in growing strong in his faith. I wish I could get my whole family talked into going to chruch I really think it would make things a little easier in our lives right now. I will keep praying maybe one of these day he will grant my prayer. Congrates again. I love you xoxoxo
your sister,

Jennifer

Celia said...

I am so glad you found a church that will feed your spirit. That actually can be rather hard to find sometimes with the myriad of choices available. We were "church shopping" not too long ago but eventually went back to our "old" church. Our decision had more to do with making sure our children were getting fed spiritually, especially our oldest. I didn't like that everywhere we went he sat there looking bored or even sleeping during service! At our "old" church, he gets to go to a service that is geared just for him (his age group). And we really like the church, it was more a personal thing at the time (won't go there now as its a LONG story!).

I do miss church though. We have not gone in a few months. I have been having such a hard time out in public. The panic attack feelings that I expereince seem to be multiplied whenever I am somewhere where a lot of people know me & know about Noah. Doesn't make a lot of sense but it is what it is.

Molly's Grandma said...

Linda:
I'm happy you have found a place that encourages you to LIVE for Jesus. I find that the older I get, the harder it is to accept a church service of repetition and tradition (nothing wrong with any of those things)it's just that for me, repetition tends to breed boredom or complacency and I choose not to ever be bored with Jesus, how could that even be possible. God has given us so many gifts and talents. How gracious He is to have brought you to a place where worship is an experience not just a time on Sunday morning. Love, Beth