Monday, April 20, 2009

Doctor

Well, off to the doctor I go today. I had a cold before and during our time with Carleigh and it seems to be getting worse. Anyone that knows me, knows this isn't good. I have a suppressed immune system so I catch things really easy. For the normal person who can get over a cold (lets say) 2 weeks it takes me 2 months. I guess stress isn't helping either. But, when I take deep breaths I cough every time and then it hurts and I do have an infection. So, there is no reason to put it off any longer.
I called the doctor around 11:30 and my appt. is at 2:00 today. so, we will see if I diagnosed myself correctly. I usually do. I have had many bouts with Bronchitis and Pneumonia 1 time which landed me in the hospital so I get flu shots every year (didn't this year) and the pneumonia shot is due this year and will be good for 5 years. have been laying around and had fevers and aches, and chills last night.
Poor John, I think my coughing keeps him awake too . Why is it that when you lay down the coughing starts and won't quit? I don't think this weather helps either. will have to get the machine out and do my breathing treatments, which help. it is a saline solution which is nice then i can do them as much as I want.

3 comments:

Holly said...

When you are sick it is always worse at night-adults and babies! Next time get your flu shot, mom!

Betty said...

I hope you start feeling better soon! We just got done passing a bug around here as well. NOT fun! Drink plenty of fluids and take it easy.

Celia said...

I have missed a few posts! See what happens when you take a break from the internet? I have only gotten on to post stuff for myself and am just getting around to visiting everyone's blogs in the last couple of days.

I am sorry to hear that you are sick. That is just no fun. And yes, the coughing gets worse at night but if you prop yourself up it might not be so bad. Maybe the doctor will be able to give you something to quiet it at night.

My husband also gets bronchitis very easily and just got over a bout not too long ago. So I can defintely relate. I hope you get better soon!