We all had a good time together Saturday night watching the girls play together. Boy, I love that.
Sunday came to fast. We left home to go to Bob Evans to eat breakfast together and then John,Jason, Katrina, and Audrey left to come home. I was watching those girls eat breakfast and boy does Kyndra love chocolate milk. It belonged to Audrey and she liked it so much she almost drank it all. I knew our time was coming close to saying goodbye for the week ahead and I was dreading it. Said bye to Jason and Katrina, Kissed her and Audrey. And then I hugged John and whispered to him that I didn't want him to leave, I wanted him to stay with me. I needed him. I started to cry and he felt the tears on his face. He told me it would be ok.
How I was torn, because I either wanted him to stay or for me to go home with him. But, I also knew in my heart that a mother's love was needed here with her daughter after losing the most precious thing to her, her sweet baby Carleigh. And John would be waiting for me next week when I got home. So, I hugged him tight, kissed him goodbye, and told him to be careful, for all of them to be careful going home. And then they went to the car, and we went to our car to head to church. I told him along the way that I would see him Friday when he came to pick me up. I know when that day comes I will be sad to be leaving Holly. But , I need to go home too.
After church we came home and Anthony finished mowing the lawn and then watched the races and Holly was working on her scrapbook, Kyndra was sleeping. I found myself being alone watching Tv downstairs and crying so they couldn't hear me. what is it about the day after a funeral? Why does that seem like the worst day when everyone goes home to resume normal routine? I felt so all alone UNTIL I had my devotions and prayer and felt the Lord telling me this was where I needed to be and you know what???? He was right.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Times like these are when you wish for the days when your entire family lived on the same farm! :0) You wouldn't have to get into the car and be hours away, just minutes.
Love you! Dawn
I know what you mean about the day after. It feels like everyone else's life goes back to normal, but yours was just shaken...your still greiving. I'm glad Holly had you with her for the week after. I'm sure it has helped her tons!
Post a Comment