Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sleep

Why is it when we can't sleep a 1,000 things run through our head. I know I should be sleeping and it is after 1 am. I'm not sure if it is the sleep or I let my mind take control and put thoughts there and then can't shake them. Or is that the devil doing his work on me? I thought I was doing ok around 12 and was finishing putting pictures of Carleigh in my album so I could go to bed. Got into bed and asked John if it was me or if it was hot. He said it was hot. Well, that made me feel good, (thought I was having a hot flash, which I haven't started those yet). Laid there a couple more seconds and got up so I wouldn't wake him and here is where I have been . On the computer, thinking it will make me sleepy. It's not working.
So, now my mind is wondering and making me think thoughts of diabetes. Both of my parents have it. I know that I gained some of my weight back, so the sugar and the cholesterol are probably back up there again. So, the mind wonders and then I start to think I have every symptom . Which makes it hard to sleep.
I am going to get with Lisa, (my neighbor) this am to start back at walking like we did before and get back in gear at eating the way we should. Good for me and for John. His cholesterol is high too and need to get it down. I DO NOT want ANYTHING to happen to him. Why does this have to be so hard. I do know that I have it figured out it is NOT a DIET (I hate that word) it is a LIFESTYLE change. I do so want to feel better and look better for my family, but most important ME!!!!! If we (women) don't take care of ourselves then we are no good to our families.
I want to be around for a while anyway. I had lost 25 lbs. and felt great. I walked, and fixed low-fat meals for the 2 of us and walked 6 out of 7 days. And it came off and I felt GREAT. So, back to shopping, fixing, and eating , the things I should be doing for the 2 of us. Think I will be eating oatmeal for a while. Will join the fitness center in Carey for the winter to and work on the machines they have, see if Katrina wants to do it too, since she lives over here now. that way once I start I can keep going.
Isn't it crazy what we let our minds do to us? Think I will try and get some sleep now, first I will say a prayer, that always seems to help me.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Kyndra woke up around 3:30 am and didn't want to go back to sleep so I stayed up with her. Ugh.. I think it's great you're gonna start back up on eating healthier and exercising. Definitely better for you. Something you should consider is eating less processed and refined foods and more natural ones. A lot of people say they feel better and it really is better for your body.

Celia said...

you are so very right....It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change! I have slipped on that. Before getting pregnant and until Noah's diagnosis I was doing well and had lost a ton of weight. But since the D-day I have put all of it back on and then some. It kind of bothers me and I am definitely uncomfortable (a feeling I had forgotten as I slimmed down). Being overweight is no fun. I plan on getting back on track right after Noah is born. I know that it is the healthy thing for me to do....for myself mostly...but also for my family. I want to feel like I can participate again instead of hanging back because I'm too fat. I want to feel attractive again instead of feeling like a "fat cow" that my husband would rather not look at (he does not feel that way, BTW - I do).

I do hope that you are doing well and that you don't have diabetes. You are so right in that when we can't sleep our minds tend to race. Or is the other way around, we can't sleep BECAUSE our minds are racing? I hope you can quiet those thoughts enough to get some rest.

Unknown said...

It must run in the family, I couldn't sleep at all last night, and Molly was up 3 times! A lifestyle change is good, but hard sometimes to stick with. Eric and I know that first hand! After we got married, I gained 25 pounds! But now since Molly I have lost 60 pounds. I do feel a lot better, but everyday is a struggle! I will be praying for you, and good thing you have your neighbor. It's hard to do it alone! Lots of love!

Anonymous said...

Linda,
Please do eat right and stick with the right diet unstead of like me thinking you have to starve yourself and do diet pills to loose weight. I am losing the weight but not the right way for it is hard for me any other way and with my work ways well you know how I am. I hope my health does okay while I am working so much and not much of nothing else. You know me it is always hard to say NO to anyone who needs me or my help. Take care of yourself .You mean to much to me to have anything happen to you.

LOve Sister Nancy