Monday, April 6, 2009

Holiday Inn

We all stayed at the Holiday Inn Express here in Wilmington. They were so accommodating to our families. They gave us reduced prices for bereavement, which was so nice of them to do. We ended up having pizza and pop in the dining area after the visitation. The after that Anthony and Holly left to come home and the rest of the group started heading to the rooms. John, Jason, Bud, Myself, Katrina, Debra, Erica , and Amber stayed and chatted for a while longer and then we picked up the pop and gave the last 5 whole pizzas away. 1 went to a couple of kids and the other 4 went to the front desk for the staff and cleaning. I know this sounds funny but it felt good to do something for someone else at that moment, even if it only was pizza.
Got back to the room and everyone started getting ready for bed and so I decided to take my bath then since everyone else would in the morning. We were going to be at Holly's before 9 since she wanted to be at the church by then. So, I'm taking my bath and BANG I start crying . Katrina told me she heard me splashing around and crying and she wanted to come in and console her mother but her body wouldn't get out of the bed. I finally made it to bed and laid there, everyone else was sound asleep. I ended up crying in that bed too. Finally. I went to sleep, but woke again at 3, so I slept 2 hours before I woke again. Oh, well it will catch up with me I'm sure. Tomorrow is a big day.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I'm very glad that the hotel was so nice and accommodating. They even sent us a sympathy card.