I am writing this because I think of my precious daughter, Holly. A woman of such dignity, grace, honor, love, faithfulness, and strength. And when she has all these qualities why does she struggle? In her moments of struggling I find it the most difficult for me. My head is telling me that Carleigh is with Jesus and she is so healthy, more than we can ever imagine. And in that thinking I can possibly go on with the day to day living. And I miss her so terribly that I know with the pain I am having with it all , as a grandmother , that it has to be much more difficult for my daughter.
My heart is telling me she is in so much pain and there isn't anything I can do for her. Does anyone understand how I am feeling? Is Jesus hearing my cry for her? When I read her blogs it tears at my heart. I know she will always feel this way until the day she is reunited with Carleigh. And for me my day of healing won't come until I know my little girl isn't hurting as much. Is this the road we are now destined to be on for the remainder of our time on earth? I do know that the old saying "Time heals all wounds" is true because we have been down this road many times and time has helped. But, is this time different?
I also know that devotions, and Bible reading and Prayer are the only answers, it's the ONLY way to heal now. But, as her mother I can't even begin to start the journey to heal until I know she is going to be alright. By seeing the sparkle in her eyes again, by seeing the smile on her face again, by hearing the happiness in her voice again. This is my prayer for her. Please, Jesus, help her to heal.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
She will heal and it will takae time. But the Lord is with her through this and hears her cries and prayers. Just know that being there and telling her you love her and whatever she needs and whenever she needs you helps her. Our children are strong because of how we raised them. So let God hear the prayers and he will answer them. It all takes time to heal and in our on ways but with family and support we will get through these times. Know that I am here for you as well and for your girls forever.
Your Sister
Nancy
I am praying for her in that regard as well. I have told her before but I will say it again. Her journey (as well as yours) and the others that I have come to know due to the circumstances have created a special place in my heart. Their pain has become my pain and my heart just aches for her. It is not just becuase I know my journey will be similar and I will endure the same experiences. It is because Holly and the others are now my sisters, in Christ as well as in this journey. I love them all...and when you open yourself up to love someone else, their pain is your pain and their joy is your joy. I will continue to pray for Holly & you Linda. I know you are in pain but, like my blog header says, there will be beauty from that pain one day. I believe it with all my heart!
Linda,
I cannot imagine the pain that you feel from watching Holly walk down this path. Your own grief is still such a fresh wound and yet to have a need for Holly to be okay is truly a mother's heart. It's a lifetime of healing that cannot be measured in weeks or months. Joy will return to Holly and Anthony and to you and John and Katrina and Jason. Trust me, first will come hope and then joy. You are forever in my thoughts and prayers. Beth
Post a Comment