With my blog called The Putnam Parade I wondered if I could come up with random things like Holly did. So, here is my attempt for you to know me, my husband, and my family better. I will keep going till my mind draws a blank and see how many I come up with. Let's get started.
1) My birthday is Christmas Day.
2) My grandmother wanted my mother to call me "Christmas Carol" but my mom opted for Linda Carol instead. Good choice, Mom.
3) Favorite color is red.
4) My husband's name is John.
5) Losing weight has always been a struggle for me.
6) I AM A STAY AT HOME MOM!!!!!!!!!!
7) John and I have been married 30 years.
8) Hawaii is our family vacation spot.
9) Maggy is my full blooded registered Rottweiler, a gift from John for my birthday, who is 1 yr old and weighs close to 100 lbs.
10) We have a cabin in Gaylord, MI (5 1/2 hours away) where we love to go to get away from it all.
11) We have lived in Carey 30 years and moved 3 times.
12) Our Master Bedroom is decorated with a tropical theme as well as the master bath.
13) I met John on a blind date and knew right away he was the one for me.
14) Maggy's registered name is May (M) Almighty (A) God's (G) Grace (G) be with You (Y).
15) I get sick on boats. (any kind or size)
16) I color and highlight my hair (not ready for gray).
17) John loves to hunt.
18) I had 2 miscarriages early in our marriage.
19) Katrina was our 1 child born and weighed 6 lb. and 9 oz. She had a dislocated hip when she
was born and she was breech, so I had a c-section and at that time you stayed a week in the
hospital.
20) When I was 7 months pregnant I had my appendix removed. 2 months later I had Holly
She weighed 7lb. 5 oz. and I stayed in the hospital for a week with her (different hospital
too) and received back rubs from the nurses every night. We were the only mother/baby
there all week.
21) I love gardening (flowers mostly), swimming, walking, playing with the grand kids
22) John is a self-employed mason.
23) John hardly ever gets sick, but when he does you know it, he crashes on the couch covered
up.
24) John and I went bowling on our blind date.
25) Singing specials at church is something I LOVE to do. I also have sang at weddings and
funerals. It is a real passion of mine.
26) I have a lot of Sandi Patti CD'S.
27) Being a stay at home mom is equivalent to 2 full time jobs. I think of that when someone
asks me what I do. I get mad when they think I don't do anything because of staying home
but there isn't enough hours in the day to get it all done.
28) I have a suppressed immune system so I get sick very easy, so I get the flu shot every year
and the pneumonia shot every 5 years.
29) John has a Brittney Spaniel who hunts birds, and chases anything that flies or runs fast on
the ground. His name is Ajax.
30) We got engaged Nov, 78' on our way to the funeral home for my grandfather's visitation.
31) I love wearing BRIGHT fingernail polish, anything else looks awful against my skin tone.
32) Spend our summers in our in ground swimming pool, would like it at night more if the bats
wouldn't fly around so much.
33) I love my daughters more than anything in the world.
34) I love the smell of chlorine from the swimming pool.
35) I am a 50 yr. old woman who wears her hair spiked!!! It use to be purple when I was in
my 40's. Loved that too. But, hubby wasn't crazy about the purple, so now I spike it and
it is easier to take care of since it is naturally flat with no body to it at all.
36) I MISS Carleigh SO much!!!
37) Love to ride bicycles.
38) Hate motorcycles!!!
39) Laundry is my favorite chore.
40) My Husband spoils me!!!!! (Right Kids?)
41) I adore my grandchildren and hope we have lots more. (God willing)
42) The girls say my microwave is antique, because it is 1987. Hey, it still works.
43) I didn't get my drivers license until after I was married.
44) Don't mow lawn, John does.
45) Love to hang clothes on the line, especially the bedding.
46) Our house has been taken over again by baby furniture.
47) The girls forbid me to go to baby stores without them because I go crazy buying for
Kyndra and Audrey.
48) We finally have a generator in case the electric goes off, we have used it and it is so nice.
49) I CAN NOT imagine my life without John, He is the LOVE of my life.
50) I get 2 cards for John at Christmas, a funny one for Dec 24, and a serious one for Dec. 25.
51) I Love the Lord for what he has provided for our family. After all, it all belongs to him.
52) We live on 4 acres in the country, surrounded by a woods (not ours) where the red bud
trees line the property, beautiful when they bloom.
53) We have our own "pet cemetery" in the corner of our backyard, by the woods, under a tree,
where 4 dogs "rest in peace" with their name on their own marker.
54) I cried when my daughters went to kindergarten, graduated from high school, and their
wedding day. I cried HARDER when they gave birth to Kyndra and Audrey.
55) I LOVE to shop!! Shopped so long 1 time that when I came out of the stores the street
lights were blinking and I wasn't even tired. Now that is shopping, Ladies!
56) I Hate to dust.
57) I am trying to get into an exercise routine.
58) Family is our most precious asset.
59) Losing Carleigh has been the most difficult thing we have ever had to endure as a family.
60) I want to read the Bible all the way through, Genesis to Revelation.
61) We love our new Nazarene church and church family.
62) I don't drink or smoke. But have trouble breathing because of the second hand smoke.
63) Summer is my favorite season.
64) Favorite number is 7 (don't know why or even it matters)
65)Favorite ice cream is the one we make from our recipe but the store is Moose Tracks.
66) Don't like the cold weather but John likes it.
67) John lifts weights 6 out of 7 days, he has done that since high school and takes an hour.
68) Our house in Carey sits higher in elevation than the hospital in Findlay so, we will never
be flooded like most people. God already sent the flood and promised it 1 time and
Noah and his family survived it. Thanks Noah!
69) Popcorn is my favorite snack food.
70) My granddaughters love chocolate milkshakes.
71) I babysit for Audrey. Wish I could for Kyndra too. (I do when they are here)
72) I walk 2 miles everyday with my neighbor, Lisa. It is nice to do so in the country.
73) John has a field that is to rocky to farm so it was turned into something or wildlife and
it has a pond stocked with fish. waiting for the fish to get bigger so we can go fishing.
74) I like to fish. John will bait the hook and take off the fish. Thanks Honey!!!!
75) Katrina and I are thinking we will join the fitness center in Carey for over the winter.
76) I taught Katrina and Holly to read before they ever went to kindergarten. They were
reading 1st grade level. I want to teach the granddaughters to read too. they have to know
so much before they go to school, so, they might as well have a good start.
77) I am closest to my sister Nancy.
78) I have always had a snack cupboard. Now I keep it stocked for summers and for pool
parties. It is always the first thing that is opened here and the drawer where the candy
is kept. Now, grandchildren are learning about the snack cupboard too.
79) John and I love the older cars we have and love to clean them up and take them to car
shows. We need to do more of that in the summer.
80) I LOVE to have parties and entertain especially in the summer and around the pool.
81) I took piano lessons when I was a little girl and so I mainly play for my own entertainment
and the piano I have was bought for me by my great aunt. Katrina took lessons and she
played on it too. Who knows maybe one the grand kids will to some day.
82) Katrina and Jason were married July 16, 2005 and had a tropical theme for their wedding.
It rained that day (poured rain) and thunderstorms and tornado sirens going off too.
83) Holly and Anthony were married October 1, 2005 and had a roman theme for their wedding
and it was a nice sunny day.
84) Katrina and Holly graduated a year apart, 2 parties close together, 2000 and 2001.
85) We have a nice garden every year (with every good intention) until the rabbits and other
animals get in it. I have always canned and froze my own food. We have our own peach
and pear trees and I can that too. Plus, I make our own applesauce, and John does the
sauerkraut. It is tough to do when it is in the heat of the summer, but the reward is good
when you eat it in the winter. Plus, I know what is in it. My girls were raised on it, I never
bought baby food.
86) The girls shared the same college house where they met Jason and Anthony at another
college house down the street from them. I love my new sons!!!!!
87) I had always wanted to be a nurse, but God chose stay at home mom instead.
88) My grandma always had a saying that went like this, "Why are you spanking their little
butts, crack their hands, it's the hands that get them in trouble." (We only spanked the
girls 2 times growing up)
89) John is a hardworking husband and father. He gets up every morning at 4:30 to take his
daily walk (with Ajax) before going to work. He gets home around 5:30-6pm.
90) We adore our grandchildren and we have taken them to McDonald's.
91) Katrina and Holly were pregnant at the same time, so there were back to back showers,
and then Kyndra was born Jan. 10 and Audrey was born Feb 10. Holly says I love things
back to back and I wouldn't want it any other way. It is nice. Maybe more grand kids back
to back. (hint)
92) My son son-in-laws Jason and Anthony are the sons I never had. Love you Both.
93) I LOVE LIFE because it is complete with God, my family, health, happiness, friends.
94) I LOVE the Lord, my husband, my children with all my heart and soul and would lay
down my life for every one of them.
95) I like Michael W. Smith and Mark Schultz.
96) I hate roller coasters and Cedar Point!!
97) Chinese food is my favorite and Mexican is my least favorite.
98) VBS brought us to the church when the girls were in the 3rd and 4th grade, I don't know
where we would be today as a family without that. I knew sending our girls on a bus for
strangers to watch them at church while we sat at home was wrong. So, we started going
to and we have been going strong for the Lord ever since. I am ever so thankful that we
did. A lot of families pray for their adult children to be in church and we are so blessed
that ours want to be there. All the praise and glory to our Father in Heaven. Amen.
99) I hate to admit this, but, at age 50 I STARTED reading daily devotions, it hit me after
Carleigh was here and knew it was something I needed to do. Don't know why I waited so
long but better late than never. Thank goodness we have a very patient Heavenly Father.
100) John usually sweeps the floors, washes dishes and laundry only when I am sick.
101) The dogs love to get in the pool in the summer time to cool off. Some actually go off the
steps and swim and Maggy stays on the steps and dunks her head. Once we open it, it
will be never ending till it closes. It also serves as a water dish to drink out of.
102) I love chocolate and anything with caramels.
103) I used cloth diapers on both my daughters when they were babies and loved it. Had a lot
of diapers hanging on the line. Maybe that is where Holly gets it from. It really isn't that
hard to do at all.
104) John and I calculated to have our all of our children in our 20's, then when they were
grown up and out of the house we were still young enough to be able to do the things we
wanted to do. It has worked out perfectly. We are back to the 2 of us like it was in the
very beginning of our lives. We have our date nights. I love my life with him.
105) I love taking vacations, but the most important ones are the ones we take as a family, the
things we do together, all of us, whether they be big or small doesn't matter only that
we are all together.
And finally, the thing I saved for last is the thing I preached the most to my girls growing up. It is that I want them to follow the Lord and what he tells us in his word to do, for the work of his kingdom, so that we can all be together as a family when we leave this earth. I don't want any of us to be left behind. Nothing on this earth will EVER be as important as your soul and spending eternity with the Lord and loved ones. I want us all to be there together and now we have our little Carleigh who is waiting there for us, so, it is really important for us now to remember our purpose and why we are here.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Linda,
How did you ever think of that many things? It was great reading your list. Thanks for sharing.
Love, Beth
Linda
There is things in there I didnt even know about you. That was interesting. To get to know more about what is going on in my life Holly helped me do a blog hope to see you on it "A Promised Adventure"
I love you
Jennifer
You are a heck of a woman....
Post a Comment