Can I just boast a little bit? First, I want to say how much I love and adore MY little girl Holly. Not that she is little anymore but as any mom knows our children will always be our babies no matter what age they are. It seems like yesterday I gave birth to her. Time sure does fly when we blink. Here she is now a grown woman and mother and she is such a great mom too. Id like to take some credit for that , maybe by being the stay home mom and showing her an example. At least that's what I think. Watching her with Kyndra you can see how much she loves that little girl and Kyndra loves her mommy too. She doesn't like to be away from her sight at all. I wish Carleigh would have made it because she would have had the chance to see how great her mommy is too. But, I also think Carleigh already knew that by growing in her tummy and feeling the love Holly had for her.
I hear on the blogs from the website how strong she is and she is but, people don't see what I see either as her mother. I see the pain and the hurt and the grief she is carrying and it hurts me to watch my baby girl go through that. We can all be strong in our faith and never waiver but this precious loss to our family is part of the grieving process we have to go through whether we like it or not. And we will pray for strength and the love of God to get us through.
Second, she has started pumping since her milk came in and she has shown me once again what a
woman she is. In spite of the grief she is going through she is still thinking of others. She is freezing the milk now and will give it to her cousin Amber who will give birth in May or June. How awesome is that!!!!!!!!!! The Lord is smiling on her I am sure of it.
Third, I digress some more back to when she was little and I think where would our family be if we had not been introduced to church? Our family was not going to church at all until Katrina was in 4th grade and Holly was in 3rd grade. We had 2 families lead us to the Nazarene Church and it was summer VBS that got us there. Thank you so very much Ed and Diane Boutwell and Bob and Pat Britton for inviting us to church and into the journey with God. I think by the girls learning about Jesus when they were little it has helped them be the godly women they are today. By trusting and loving there Lord with all their heart is why Holly can show so much strength and courage today. What a testimony to others who may not know the Lord as their personal Savior. I know in my heart their father and I did the right thing so long ago.
Thank you Jesus for being so loving and true and faithful. We look forward to seeing Carleigh again someday like you promised.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I would say Holly definitely is an example to moms out there with her strength and faith. A shining example. And you deserve credit for helping to shape that example. My heart continues to grieve w/you for Carleigh. But I also rejoice w/you for Carleigh. I admire your strength, faith, and the bond that is so very evident.
Linda,
I believe God gave you and John the gifts of Holly and Katrina and your example of parenting is seen in the wonderful women they both are today. God loves you Linda. He loves you so much! Right now He's showing Carleigh the wonderful majesty of heaven and your little granddaughter is surrounded by angels. What a wonderful God we serve who gives us a promise of eternal life. You are a loving, kind, generous, mom and I'm humbled to call you not only my cousin but my friend. Love, Beth
Holly is a great example of a Godly woman, mom, wife...and you SHOULD take credit for it! Let's face it, if you had never obeyed the tug you felt to take her to church...well I doubt things would have turned out the way they have.
Ah, Holly...going through hell on earth and still thinking of others by freezing her milk. Why am i not surprised?
I cant wait to see Carleigh! It's so wonderful to know that I will have that chance one day! Praise God!
Linda,
As I read the blogs fromboth sites and I sit and cry because I can feel your pain but though I can't imagine since I haven't went through that same kind of loss. But as your sister I can say that I am proud of you for who you are and the love you have for your children. Families can be difficult at many times in lives but remember that your family, John , and the girls and now son-in-laws and now the greatest is grandchildren is your family and you have grown into a mighty loveable christian family. I am glad God gave me a sister like you. we have grown in our relationship and that I love and will treasure for my lifetime. I am here for you now and forever and through this time and other times. I love you and I am proud of you and have always been and always will be. I know you will help me grow in my walk with the Lord. Thank you for your love for me. You have always been there through my rough times.
I LOve You,
Sister, NAncy
Post a Comment