Saturday, March 21, 2009

Friends

Today was a day for my daughter, Holly , to visit with her high school friends she had not seen maybe since high school. As I sat rocking my grandaughter Audrey, to sleep I got a tear in my eye. I couldn't believe the girls that came for her belly casting party. It was so good to see them and chat. They have all turned into beautiful young women and mothers. A comment was even made how the last time they were in my home it was for a pool party. Those were the days!!!
But, it made me tear up because these girls took the time out of their day to be here and spend it with Holly, and how they remember her. True friendships never die, they flourish with the years. I could tell that Holly's journey with Carleigh gets to their hearts too.
I thank you so much Rachel, Pi, Jessica, Katie, Autumn, and Denise for being great friends to my daughter over the years and for thinking of her today with your love and support and the gifts you showered her with. The thoughts of your kindness and love will be in my heart and memory in the days that lie ahead of us.
God Bless you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Linda

1 comment:

Holly said...

I'm glad so many of them were able to come.