How do we define True Love? I'm not even sure myself. I didn't know what it was in my younger days, but as I grow older, I like to think I MIGHT know what it is and what it means.
You see like most others you date when you are younger and hope you find the right one for you, I guess some never find it and if we are lucky enough we find the great love of our life.
Mine began a long time ago. You see I will be married 30 years. Wow, when you see that number in front of you that is a long time to spend with someone. It is worth everything when you find the true love. Back to my story......... Back in the day of dating, I had dated a few guys but none that had really made an impression on me. The guy I dated a while before I met John always brought me flowers and stuff every time he picked me up and it really got annoying. I hated it, to the point I didnt even want to see him , so I broke it off. Time passed and then my friend Linda from church and her date Buck (my brother-in-law) thought John and I would be a good match. The thing about it was , that this was a BLIND DATE!!!!!!!
I remember going bowling on this date and having so much fun. John was a little shy and Linda walked me back to the front door and I told her to tell me at church the next day what was said on the way home. She said she would. I guess it was said from a friend of Johns that if he (John) didnt ask me out his friend was going to. So, John called me. I have to tell you that I was so thrilled when I got the phone call from him and he wanted to date me, I had a hard time falling asleep. Something about him and about that phone call. From that point on , it was a whirlwind of dating, getting to know each other more and falling in love. He called me alot on the phone and I saw him just about every weekend.
I remember my parents telling me that when I found Love I was going to fall hard and I wasnt sure what they meant at the time. But the fall was hard. He was so wonderful, handsome, kind, and thoughtful. Yes, he brought me gifts to in the course of dating but I didnt mind, I loved getting gifts from him and still have some of those gifts today. I was really nervous when he took me to his house to meet his parents, but they were so nice and loving to me that they made it easy, like they had known me for years. It was easy to fit into the PUTNAM family.
Our courtship was short and on May 5, 1979 we were married. Had the big wedding I wanted, and all the trimmings. Life was on the course of being great. We have such a great life, and thank God for it all. To this day I thank Buck for listening to his heart and sending John my way, I can NEVER imagine my life without him now.
He was my rock from the beginning, when we had 2 miscarriages, the pain hurt so bad at the time and I can remember crying and telling him all I wanted to do was give him a baby. I think after that we were trying to hard to conceive and it just wasnt happening, so we quit worrying about it so much. Then when we were focused on something else I found out I was pregnant!!
I was so happy and I know he was too. And then our 6# 9 oz. daughter, Katrina Marie was born . I had to have her c-section b/c she was a breech baby. She was also born with a dislocated hip. But, she was so beautiful , I cried. And at that moment I saw the happy look on his face too at having a little girl of his very own. And then 14 months later we had another beautiful baby girl, weighing 7# 5oz. and we named her Holly Lynn. Only a parent knows the
real joy of having children. And the miracle of it all. I tell you those girls had and have brought so much joy to my life, that I never looked back at what I lost.
And now that my babies are married and with children of their own, it brings John and I back together again, like in the beginning, just the 2 of us. We go on an occasional DATE NIGHT where I can still sit and look at him like I did before. My love for him as gotten stronger over the years and even though he may fall asleep earlier and I am awake, he is here with me. We joke with each other more than we used to, we confide in each other b/c besides being my true love he is my BEST FRIEND too. I dont like to think of him not being here, that would to painful to bear. The longer I am married to him the deeper the love is and the more it grows. It is not something you can explain, its something that is just there, in your heart. Such a true love, a deep, deep love that you only find once in a lifetime. Life isn't worth living without it. And when I really think about it and go back to the very beginning, I owe it all to God for sending John Buck's way, and for Buck introducing him to me, My ONE and ONLY TRUE LOVE!!!!!!!!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That was a beautiful story of your love that you guys share. My story is similar to yours with my husband too! A whirwind romance with a marriage 10 short months later....but here we are almost 12 years later and I love him more now than I ever thought I could love another person, except maybe my children...God bless you guys!
I liked reading that. :) I think it's good you have a blog, Mom, so you can write down your thoughts and feelings.
Post a Comment