Saturday, May 9, 2009

Holiday

Well, tomorrow is another card day---well, to be more exact "Mother's Day". Boy, this day for here is going to be a bit chilly but warm in the heart.... I wish Holly were here to help celebrate the day but that isn't possible. So, Happy Mother's Day to you my darling daughter and be kind to yourself. When you visit Carleigh's grave, will you please tell her that her grandma misses her and loves her so much. Give Kyndra a hug for me and tell her that grandma loves her too.
I am sure I've said it before but, I will say it again till the day I die---------- I love being a mother, I love my 2 beautiful daughters, I love my granddaughters (hopefully more grandchildren someday). there was nothing I wanted more as a little girl growing up than to be a mother. I thought I asked for the wrong thing when early in my marriage I had 2 miscarriages but, God knew my dream and wishes, and he granted me the most precious thing he could. A BABY!!!! I never really knew the scope of it all when I was pregnant with the girls because I was in the moment and going through the motions so to speak. But, when Katrina and Holly were pregnant it hit me because I had more time to focus on the big scope of it all.
When you think of a baby from conception to birth, WOW, what an amazing gift. The idea of growing inside you (that was my favorite part too, the kicking) and every little part that is so perfect, it is just so hard to comprehend it all. but, being a mother is more than giving birth. It is about raising this little person into an adult. The sickness in the night, the crying, the feedings, the bumps and bruises, etc. all of it. Motherhood is the greatest thing.
I was so ever fortunate to be able to stay home with my kids and that was something I will NEVER regret. I know my daughters wish they could do the same but, times are different now but they love their daughters just as much and it shows. Everything they do makes me so proud and knowing I had a part in it makes me happy beyond words. I love you my daughters.
yes, their is an industry out there who likes to create any holiday they could just to make a card for it, but Mother's Day is one to be celebrated because we raise the future of the world. Hopefully, with a little kindness , love, and compassion for the world we live in.
Happy Mother's Day to ALL !!!!! Be kind to yourself and enjoy the day.

No comments: