Wow, 4 months left of the year 2009 and where and why did it go? Did I even have time to breathe? September is the usual appointments of doctors and nails and getting hair done. Babysit for Audrey 2 days a week keeps me busy too but I love it. Wish Kyndra were here too. Finally met with my new doctor only for him to tell me he is leaving. What????? I just got here, was it something I said? Bring on the new one. We became new members to the First Church of the Nazarene in Findlay in Feb and we are helping out with the "Twice Blessed Sale". This is all new to me and when I walked in the gym my jaw dropped. The whole gym was nothing but baby and kids clothing, toys, furniture, etc. anything and everything you need for babies and kids. Never saw anything like it in my life. We love our church. (more on that later)
On the 26th Katrina, Audrey and myself went to Holly's to stay the weekend, for the March of Dimes walk in memory of Carleigh. John and Jason went on a hunt. We had a great time of fun and laughter and just spending time together. My sister, Nancy and her daughter Amber, and her sons came too . What fun making memories, poor Anthony being the only guy with all the women but he was a trooper. I think he liked the company too.
Here comes October and right away on the 1st Holly and Anthony celebrate their 4 year wedding anniversary. Hard to believe that they also have been married 4 years too. They had a Roman themed wedding and it was so beautiful with the colors and the columns. I hope they have many years of making memories too and loving each other more deeply as time passes.
Anthony celebrated his birthday on the 19th. He is getting wiser as each year passes, you are aren't you?
November is here and with the arrival of it we realize there isn't much time left of 2009. But, before it leaves us we had an addition to our family tree. Kinsey Marie Motter was born on November 5, 2009. She looks like her sister, which in turn looks like the Motter family side. At least as they get older they look like Katrina (sorry Jason). She is so beautiful regardless of who she looks like Which is a gift from God just for us, to help in our healing of sorrow. "Thank you Jesus"!! We also have a wedding and a baby shower thrown in there to round out the month.
DECEMBER------- Finally it has arrived!!!!!!!! It started with the usual yearly tests for me and a much needed rest and getaway for the family at the cabin in Michigan. The whole family went and was greeted to a foot and a half of snow and the girls sledding for the first time. They never wanted to come in. Watching them sled downhill was funny , balancing themselves all the way. The older kids went snowmobiling and cousin Kristen went along too. She loves being with the family and is a joy to have a long. Then the Christmas season arrived and the granddaughters were so much fun to watch and see the joy in their eyes. Of course they got tired easy and slept but it made Christmas last longer too. I of course turned another year older and quite frankly don't feel it. I think it is the granddaughters who keep me young, John says no it is me getting old. I say don't burst my bubble.
I wonder as I get older now what my purpose is in this world. What am I here for? What do you want me to do? What am I to do for you with the time I have left? I think as I get older i think of my mortality and it makes me wonder into a whole new realm. The church we are members of now mean so much to us. The sermons are so meaningful that they stick with us through the week. The people greet you and smile as if we have always been there. No place like home and that is home to us. Thank you God for taking us from an emptiness to a fullness again.
Yes, as I sit here writing about our year and all our family has endured. The gut wrenching pain to the side splitting happiness and we realize God has been with us and leading us every step of the way. He truly knows what is best for us if we just take the time to listen and talk to him.
He has taken me personally to places I never thought I would go physically and spiritually and without him I would have been a failure at its best. But thankful for the blessings he has bestowed on me and my family for 2009 regardless of the pain that still lingers in our hearts. May 2010 be a year our family draws ever closer to him and through our walk may we lead someone else to him. He is so good and we are thankful we live in a country where we can serve and love him. May 2010 be everything you want it to be for you and your family and may you reach out to him and grow in your walk with him and love him like he loves you. Bless you all in the next decade, and Goodbye and Farewell to 2009!!!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Definitely ready for all the new year has to bring!
Thank you thank you thank you - I know it seems silly but reading your blog makes me feel closer in proximity to you and good ole Ohio - I am looking to this year and all that God has in store for our family. I love you my cousin, my friend and my sister in Christ - Beth
Your purpose is to watch Audrey and Kinsey while their mommy sleeps!! (hehe) Just kidding mom.
Post a Comment