Wow, It is hard for me to imagine how my mother must have felt being in the hospital giving birth to me on a holiday. Was she upset? Was she happy it was over? Or, was she just glad to see the miracle that God had just given her. I have been wondering lately what my purpose is being born on such a special day? You would think I would know that being the age I am but I don't. Maybe it is something i will have to really think about this coming year. I have the book "The Purpose Driven Life" so i will have to read it, huh?
I imagine my mother felt just a LITTLE bit like Mary when given birth to a baby born on Christmas Day. Did my mother wonder what life would be like for her child? Would her child be made fun of or ridiculed by others? Would her child be happy in life? Would she have to worry about her child as she became and adult? Definitely didn't have to suffer like JESUS did, but the present HE gave me, I can never begin to understand or comprehend.
I am just a girl with a Christmas Birthday. One that means more to me today than it did many years ago. Someday when I meet JESUS face to face I will ask him what my purpose was if I haven't figured it out by then.
I Thank him for giving me a father and mother whom I love with all my heart. The older I get the more I realize what little time we all have and we waste it by worrying to much, worrying what others think, being to busy,and not taking the time for the most important thing we have here on earth and that is FAMILY!!
So, to all MY family everywhere I want to say "I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!!" I had a great childhood that I remember and probably better birthdays than anyone else because I share my birthdays with JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Mom!
Linda, I know it's already past your birthday but I have fond memories of being at grandma's house on Christmas day and singing Happy Birthday! I think it must have had it's hard moments (like how to distinguish birthday gifts from Christmas presents and not being able to have a birthday party with friends on your birthday) but you are so right my friend, family is first and foremost the most important. I had a friend who was also born on Dec 25th and her mom let her have a "half-birthday" party each June, which was fun in ots own way until my Kate heard about it and decided she should have her own half-birthday celebration (never mind that she was born in February, every August she would ask if she was getting presents for her half-birthday) LOL - Oh my, I digress. I wish you the happiest of years with all the joy that comes from family. Love, Beth
Post a Comment