Saturday, February 21, 2009

Motherhood

I have been reading all the blogs lately and decided I wanted one of my own, so my daughter Holly set it up for me, since I am not very computer savy. I started thinking of the things I could write and motherhood came to my head first. You see I am the proud mother of 2 very beautiful daughters, Katrina and Holly. From the beginning of my marriage I had always wanted to be a stay at home mom because there is no greater job on earth, and the blessings are bountiful. I thank the Lord that I was able to achieve my goal.
I think the question I always encountered was "What do you do all day?" or "Oh, you're a stay at home mom" like it was or is a disease. I know many would argue and it would probably bring on a big debate but there is no greater joy and I think many who are in my shoes would agree with me. Believe me, there was plenty to do, as a matter of fact there was never enough time in the day to get it all done.
Looking back now I even wonder how I got anything done. My girls were 14 months apart and besides all the usual household things to do I canned from our garden on top of it. Amazing what we can do in our 20's!!!!!! There are no words to describe how happy and blessed I am. Being a mother has been my greatest joy and accomplishment in life. The graduations and weddings brought tears to my eyes but, the day my grandchildren were born was indescribable. The tears would not stop flowing.
I have now watched my grandaughters grow up to be a year old already and time really does fly as we get older. I love Audrey and Kyndra so much that once again it is hard to find the words. I love spending time with them, playing on the floor with them, feeding them, rocking them (my favorite) giving them a bath and anything else I decide to do. They are like little sponges and absorb it all and the smile and laughter is worth it all. They are at the age where the jabbering is a constant and that is sooo cute, I usually talk back to them the same way and it is like we carry on a conversation, only between grandma and child. I love the bond we have and I am very thankful for it. I thank God for ALL the blessings he gives us every day because it can be gone so quickly. So I just want to say a big "THANK YOU" to my special girls Katrina and Holly for giving their mom the greatest gift of all------GRANDCHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

becky said...

Yes, Grandchildren our a special gift to love and enjoy. Our diamonds from God.
Bella is such a joy and I am sure Adam and Kristel's baby will be another little gem.
The playing on the floor and the one pn one time is priceless. The one thing that makes getting old so worth it.