Sunday, February 22, 2009

Church

I just wanted to write something about today at church. We have found a new church and we have absolutely fell in love with the pastor and his family, the new friends we are making, and the great atmosphere that surrounds it all. I believe that the Lord put us here for a reason and we are so happy. For the first time in a LONG time we are truly happy. We are the lucky ones I think because Katrina, Jason, and Audrey attend the same church too. And when Holly, Anthony, and Kyndra are home they attend there also. I am so lucky that we all can go to church together as a family to worship and fellowship.
I don't know why we wait so long, but, as we get older we realize time is going by so quickly and our mortality becomes so much clearer. I hope that we have taught our daughters the importance of worshipping God and regularly attending church. I think we have since they are both strong in the church and attend also. Now we are seeing our grandchildren being raised in the church. Talk about making your heart proud!!!!!!
I have always taught the girls the importance of being there and giving back to the Lord. He will bless you if you give it back to him. I tell them he understands your struggles and when it is difficult to give but, when you can then you give more. I truly believe with my whole heart that John and I have what we do because we have been faithful and given to him and he has rewarded us for that faithfullness. I certainly have seen others struggle with life and all it can throw at you, and for the ones I know most are not where they need to be. So, this is my learning tool for my children, because they see it not just hear it.
But, the thing that I told the girls the most growing up was that I wanted them to grow in the Lord and do what the Lord asked of them so that when we leave this earth I know that someday we will all be together again. I don't ever want to be apart from each other. It's important for me as a mother to want us ALL to be together as a family in HEAVEN.
Again, for the first time in a LONG time I enjoy going to church so much that I can't wait for the next Sunday to get here and that is all because of our new church and new family.
A great big THANKS to our new family for making us feel welcome and loved. We can now say we have a NEW HOME CHURCH!!!! One that is well grounded in our Lord and Saviour.
THANK YOU JESUS for Leading us HOME!!!!!

No comments: