Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Dieting
Dieting- Such a terrible word. You start out with great intentions and then you fail. I like to think of it as a Lifestyle Change, because it is. I have been heavy all of my life, well, except for the one and only time I was a size 3 (and then I got pregnant for Katrina). See how that happens!!! But, part of me thinks "hey, you are a size 14, the same size you were in high school". That can't be all that bad. But yet I feel I could do better. I don't think it is hard to take off (well a little bit, the older I get) what is the hardest is to maintain it. If I can't maintain it now what will it be like later? Health wise I know I have to and when I had lost 25 (only 25) I DID feel better so I know it works. All I did was watch the fat intake and cut down on the sugar. (now, I have given up all pop) With diabetes in the family it scares me enough to watch it closely. It will always be a struggle I am sure of it but I just have to learn to handle it. All these fad diets and programs people go on look good to me but then I don't want to waste the money on it when I already tried my way and lost. So, I know my way works too. Doesn't it? My theory is (for me) to watch what I eat and how I prepare it and eat in moderation and get out and walk, or ride my bike, or swim. Thank goodness I have my own pool. It will probably always be a struggle for me the rest of my life and family knows what I mean. I want my temple to be the best that it can be and working at it every day is an uphill battle, I like to think someday I can win again, even if I will never be a size 3. I have 2 beautiful, healthy daughters out of it all and that is my sacrifice for never being a size 3 again. Only in my memory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a great plan to me! Just watch what you eat and excercise how you can. We just found out Daniel is allergic to dairy so I cut out everything that has milk or a milk derived product in it...I've lost about 4 pounds this week.
Hopefully as the weather gets better (soon?) you and I will BOTH be able to get out and about more. Good luck!
Oh, and I love the new look!
A big thing is portion control. Many people eat larger portions than they are really supposed to and then they get used to eating big portions and it takes more and more to feel full. You can train your stomach to take smaller portions again.
Post a Comment