Thursday, May 6, 2010

Anniversary

Wow, Yesterday John and I celebrated our 31 wedding anniversary!!!!!!! We went to the Steer Barn in Upper Sandusky to celebrate thanks to Brian and Dana. Thanks for the gift certificate. As we were heading there I looked at him and said "Well, this time 31 years ago we were getting married". doesn't seem like it has been that long ago but if you ask him he would tell you longer I am sure. Men................ But, the years have been good to us and we are so blessed. God has provided our every need, given us 2 beautiful daughters, 2 wonderful son-in-laws, and VERY precious grandchildren. Sad that we have a granddaughter in heaven before us but God only knows the reason why and I wont question it, it is his plan. I am thankful for meeting her and look forward to the day I can hold her again.
Memories of the wedding were flooding me as we were driving to Upper and putting a smile on my face as I looked at this man across from me whom I love more than anything here on earth. Who says Blind dates don't work? We are living proof that it does. Anything will work if you want it bad enough and willing to work at it. Marriages would all work, if everyone wanted it bad enough and worked hard at it. I am in awe of people who celebrate 50 and more and look forward to that, God willing.
So happy Anniversary my darling and may we have many, many more to come. I love you with all my heart and it grows deeper every day of every year. You are truly my gift from God.

3 comments:

Brooks said...

Aww. What a wonderful life!

Holly said...

I'm glad you guys got to go to the Steer Barn. I think that's neat how the gift card came so you could use it!

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about anniversaries! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!