Monday, June 22, 2009

The Blues

Well, I must say this is going to be the shortest blog, just want everyone to know that I am down on my computer. The tower is being fixed and I hate it!!!!!! I miss being on here and talking and conversing with everyone and I feel so totally out of the loop. Have alot of catching up to do. We are fine and doing OK. Got the pool open and running, and flowers planted so things are going well. Have a sore throat today and hurts to swallow. Want to say a big Hello to Misty, Celia, and PJ!! Miss you also Beth!
Wait for me I will be back soon. But in the meantime I am getting the blues bad (very bad).

3 comments:

Holly said...

You'll be alright, mom. Aren't you excited to be getting another granddaughter?

Molly's Grandma said...

Linda,
Remember what I said about the stages of grief? For some reason, especially that first year, the 3mo, 6mo, 9mo and 12 mo dates seem to hit hard (and often times without warning) everything will be going along okay and something innocent (like seeing a baby at the mall) will bring it all back - I'm still praying for you and your family. Love and miss you, Beth

Celia said...

Linda,
I miss you too....Unfortunately, I can actually physically "feel" myself shrinking further and further back from anything social at all....And it really doesn't matter who is involved. Last weekend we had a get together for my father-in-law as well as Father's day where the whole family got together.....everyone but me. I chose to stay home by myself rather than go and have to interact.

I probably would have done the same this last weekend but I can feel the time with my Grandmother here alive on earth growing shorter and shorter. I knew when she was put in there that she would never come out. It breaks my heart to see her that way. She is truly one of my best friends. We can talk about anything and we seem to just "get" each other. I think that is a special relationship that not many grandmothers and granddaughters have either.

I just wish I knew what to do to pique my interest back up. My husband told me only a few minutes ago that its like when Noah died that I died too....I think he may be right. My will and my interest in things has completely withered away. Its not on purpose though. I just wish I knew what to do to make it better.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still hurting too, although i understand how you can be. I thought of you yesterday quite a bit (and Holly of course). I knew it was an anniversary for you as well.

I just wish the anniversaries were more pleasant or at least had an air of happiness to them.

I know we should be rejoicing in the fact that our babies are whole and no longer have to worry about the things of this world. They will never be hungry, tired, sick, get hurt or be hurt emotionally. They will only know joy and overabunding grace. And that is amazing to think about. I am trying really hard to find the blessing in that (because I know that it is a blessing)....and I'm sure I will feel that way soon (as will you and all the other mommies who have lost a little one too soon).....it just takes time.

Also, since I keep saying I need to write or call and never seem to find the strength, I wanted you to know that I got your package a week or two ago. I love the photo album. I had been wanting something like that but had not made the effort yet to go get it and then lo and behold....I get one in the mail from you! It was very thoughtful and I have filled it with Noah's pictures. So thank you so much.....I so appreciate it! I WILL call someday....