Well, today we made a trip to the southern region to see our newest addition to the family. We left home around 7:20 am and was meeting the kids for church (their church). We arrived early so we headed to the cemetery first since we had lots of time. The sun was shining and it was a bit chilly but we pulled in the driveway and got out and honestly didn't mind the cold at all or the wind. Walked over to stone and saw the flowers Holly had put there and how the red ones have faded and saw the angel stone and picked it up and we both held it and then John laid it back down. We walked away and before I got in the truck I turned and said "Carleigh, grandma and grandpa have not forgotten you, we think of you all the time and miss you. We love you baby girl." And turned to get in the truck and watched the stone for some reason as we pulled away to leave. Rounded the corner and there were the horses feeding in the grass.
We pulled out of the cemetery and headed toward the road to head back to the church. Then it hit me as I looked back to see her stone till I couldn't see it anymore and the tears started falling (as they are now). The Christian radio station started to play "Untitled Song" by Chris Rice. Boy, that didn't help any especially when they got to the part that says "Fly to Jesus". I could not hold it in any longer. I know John knew I was crying even though I tried to cover it up by coughing. He is just that way letting me have my moments that I need. Composed myself, fixed myself and moved on.
Arrived at the church and waited for the kids and when i saw them walk through the door my heart leaped for joy. My granddaughters had arrived (well kids too of course). Kyndra was happy to see her grandma and I her. I hugged her and kissed her and held her hand. What a cutie she is. Lainey looked so cute in her dress and sweater that was made for Carleigh. I know Carleigh approves and wants us to go on and be happy as she is for us I am sure.
We had a lovely visit while eating lunch at Damons and then at their house in Lees Creek. It is so nice to go and see the kids and GRANDKIDS. I enjoy my Lovely Visits wherever we are.
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you guys got to go out to the cemetery. I was actually planning on taking you out there after church but didn't have to since you went before. Thanks for coming down!
It's so hard...there are times I just want my little one back so bad, but I know she's better off. Those tugs at your heart can be killer though. I'm so thankful you guys have Kyndra and Lainey to help you smile! I know that is what Carleigh would want...just for you to be happy.
Post a Comment